Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Backpacking in a volcano - Priceless

As many of you know already, Tom and I have been backpacking for a number of years, him much longer than I... and it's really his passion- the hiking at least. I'm all about the destination. I don't see much sense in hiking without a destination....it's like going round and round in circles, unless you have somewhere as a GOAL. He, on the other hand, is all about the 'journey'... the hike, the oogling the scenery and watching for wildlife and 'being in touch with nature.' Me. Just tell me how many miles I have to hike and I'll get there, just to enjoy 'being' there and relaxing. You can see, we might have some issues to deal with on this hike.

Anyway, I digress... we had the opportunity a few years ago to hike one of the most exotic trails on earth....inside the volcano of Haleakala, on Maui. We've recently been asked about that hike and the logistics, so we thought we would share it with you now....
This link will take you to the actual magazine article that was published about it, in a Michigan based women's magazine. Click HERE to read the article and see more images.
This journey we're about to undertake will be every bit of exotic... just in a different way. We have been blessed beyond measure at the opportunities that have been provided to us to enjoy so much of God's creation. I hope you enjoy this snapshot into the most gorgeous hike yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment