Monday, March 26, 2012

Note to self...


Tom here...

Imagine, you are sitting on a beach in Maui under the influence of a perfect blue sky, (the color blue responsible for the term sky blue) the trade winds, combined with a few white puffy clouds that pass by occasionally temper the warm sun just enough while my toes rest in powder sand, and my eyes can not help but stare at the ocean watching multi-shades of greens and blues dance with diamonds flashing as reflections from the sun.  After you get by the visuals, close your eyes and the primal music of the ocean takes over.  Like the wind, the sounds of the ocean are like listening to the great symphony of the earth.  I am there!  The sensation is unexplainable with words.  If Heaven is the future home of my spirit, then Maui is where my soul would call home.

Considering where I will be next year at this same time, creates quite a contrast.  I am sure that one year from right now (Somewhere on the trail in North Carolina/Tenessee) I will remember back to this day and be filled  with a great/deep longing to be back.  I can only pray and hope that God's will, life, health, family, circumstances will all align and allow Terri & I this great adventure we are preparing for.  One thing is for sure, as the journey unfolds we will endeavor to capture it, for all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment