Thursday, June 27, 2013

Team TNT re-joins the Appalachian Trail!

1019 MILES!! I major milestone and the almost 'half-way' point of the entire Appalachian Trail. Even though Socks has been 'absent' physically from the trail.... we've done it together!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2quFqRZKqQ8&feature=share&list=UUgOzPcZE-EQzBWn75CAm8wA

As we run around the house packing up last minute things, cleaning out the fridge and making notes, we are both thrilled beyond belief at the thought of leaving in the morning! After spending a marvelous week, packing in time with family and friends, we will return to Harper's Ferry, WV tomorrow and again starting hiking as a full TEAM on Saturday!


I'll admit, I'm pretty nervous, as surgery was JUST 8 weeks ago. I'm stiff. It still hurts, but I don't think I can be any more ready mentally. It's the physical that will really challenge me! Thankfully, the terrain after coming out of Harper's is much tamer than previous stuff! As I sat here 

at this picnic table, near Cheoah Bald, not quite understanding the extent of my injury, I had no idea what lay in store for me over the next couple months. Living alone at home, surgery, recovery, physical therapy and a trip back to the trail to pick up Dreamer! All these tribulations have only prepared me for the reality of coming back to the trail.

We've learned so much about ourselves, our relationship and exactly what we can do if we put our mind to it.... lots of lessons learned up to this 'half-way' point. We'll be sharing our hearts as we move forward.... 

I want to thank my sweet friend Margaret Ross (www.margaretrossjewelry.com) for her support, encouragement and for this adorable 'inspiration' bracelet she custom made for me, just for the trail. It has an angel on it and two other 'charms' that say, Perserverance and Determination.


I think that pretty much sums it up.


3 comments:

  1. Love your blog and your videos! Helps us see what life on the trail is really like! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I met you guys at the Boy Scout trail magic at Tray Gap in early March. I was the guy in your video (with my mouth full...). Meeting you guys (and all the other "over 50" through-hikers) that day was a real blessing and inspiration for me! Have kept up with your video posts on YouTube. Thank you for sharing your journey with us, and congratulations on living your dream! Be sure and give Charlie a good congratulatory scratch behind his ears for me. Maybe our paths will cross again someday...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What has happen to you guys since, please let me know, Thanks.

    ReplyDelete