Thursday, February 7, 2013

A Hike with Charlie - Appalachian Trail Prep


Dreamer here,

WOW!!  I love this video!!  http://youtu.be/aQkU4UMXLpw  (View full screen if possible) It portrays a great hike in the woods with my best four-legged buddy Charlie, on a beautiful day.  For those of you that know me, you know I love to hike.  God has given me a delight and it is moving through the woods in any weather.  Team TNT hikes almost every day at our favorite stomping ground, Rose Lake.  We are so grateful for this section of woods.  There are enough trails there to hike for hours and not hit the same section of trail twice.  Not bad for being so close to the large city of Lansing, MI.


For those of you that have been following my efforts to create a pleasing video know it has been a long and rough road.  My goal has been to learn enough about how to use a video camera, as well as acquire all the knowledge I can using Final Cut X in order to actually do something with the footage.  Well, as I am finding out, none of that has been easy.  Last fall, I barely knew which end was the business end of the camera.  And now, I know enough to be dangerous.  Terri & I have started a “Blooper” reel that at some point we will produce into a feature length video.  ;-)  The forgiveness in all of this, I am finding is in working Final Cut X.  Edit, edit, edit…

The long and the short of it is, I simply love working with my video camera and I have never had so much fun with my computer before.  Honestly, I love looking forward to carving out a few minutes here and there to play with the postproduction work with the software.

Of course, none of this comes cheap.  First I had to have the video camera, which turned into a better camera, which evolved into a boom mic for better sound, which turned into a new computer because my old one could not handle the software and memory issues, and on & on it goes…   This video you are about to watch was produced entirely with the new camera that Terri purchased for me; a GoPro Hero 3!  Thank you Sweetheart!!  I love it!!!

Enjoy,

~Dreamer




No comments:

Post a Comment