Saturday, February 23, 2013

Team TNT's Final Blog Post & Video from Home!

-->
Dreamer here,

It has been almost exactly one year since our first Blog post announcing our intentions to attempt a thru-hike of the Appalachian Trail.  I believe this is Blog post number 72.  Terri & I have tried our best to describe: our intentions, our feelings, planning and logistics, clothing and gear, as well as all things Charlie our dog.  Hopefully, if you are considering a journey like this, our Blog posts will be of benefit to you.

We now have 168 “likes” on our Facebook page at: facebook.com/tntonthetrail, mostly friends and family trying to keep up with the adventures of Team TNT.  Terri has had lots of fun connecting with so many of you and she will be all things Facebook, as our trek continues.

We are approaching 200 “followers” on Twitter!  Simply amazing!  Five months ago, I did not even know what a tweet was.  And now we have people from all over the world, most of which I have no idea who they are.  All I know is they are interested in two old farts planning for and soon to be attempting thru-hike of the A.T.  For Team TNT, I will be all things Twitter.  I will do my best to upload photos and video as we move North from Springer Mountain.

Until last summer, I really had never seriously taken an interest in shooting or working with video on a computer.  Now, I find it my delight using my video camera and working with Final Cut X in order to produce fun and hopefully informative videos.  As I write this we have had over 1,700 views on 17 videos at: youtube.com/tntonthetrail.  Again, amazing!  I cannot begin to tell you how much I am looking forward to capturing as much as possible as Terri, Charlie & I move up the trail towards Mt. Katahdin.  My plan is to send my computer to places along the trail where we will be taking a break and during those down times, work on creating some short videos for YouTube.  I will then mail the SD Cards with the finished projects to my son-in-law Nate to upload them for me from home.  Nate, I cannot begin to tell you how much I appreciate your willingness to take this on for me!

Our last video can be found here: http://youtu.be/wFc_5dwzvWE       Terri & I are attempting to do our best at showing our appreciation for all of you that have played such an important role in our lives and this great adventure we are standing on the threshold of.  Our next post will be from the Appalachian Trail!!!

 
~Team TNT

PS Thanks to Jason Gray “Good to be Alive” and  “Remind me who I am in You”.  Your music helps the pictures and video come to life!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so it's your turn to make me cry....that was absolutely beautiful...Thank you so very much! Hopefully, I see ya both (and Charlie) soon.

    ReplyDelete