Saturday, April 20, 2013

Team TNT + C: T Solo hikes the Appalachian Trail for a bit....

As you know, I, 'Socks' have been home for the past two weeks, discovering the issue with the knee, dealing with being 'off trail',  (which amounts to BIG, FAT DEPRESSION), and trying to enjoy my little piece of joy in Lydia Ann.

Well, the MRI news wasn't good.... I tore both the medial and lateral meniscus in my left knee. Dr. stunned that I'd hiked 60 miles on it, but understood the amount of damage because of it. I will be having surgery day after tomorrow, Monday, April 22 to repair it with some rehab/PT following.  NOW, the real countdown can begin. I am prepping for being 'laid up' for a few days.... (for those of you that know me, I'm not a good 'sit still' kind of person), so, I'm gathering up my stuff for "sick bay."





I'll be staying with Hannah and Nate and our granddaughter, Lydia for a few days, till I can ditch the crutches and be mobile again. I'll be heading back home to resume some sort of exercise and rehab to get moving back towards the trail! Hoping to work with a trainer to regain some strength in this leg and learn what I can do to protect it from further injury once I get hiking again. The word I'm hanging onto is: BELIEVE! It's my new mantra. I believe I WILL be back out there hiking by mid-June. Charlie and I will be taking a field trip to visit Dreamer as soon as I'm able to drive.

Charlie is getting pretty out of shape and needs to get hiking again! He lives a pretty LAZY life here as evidenced in these pictures.
Charlie sleeping in his bed with his 'friend', Mr. Fluffy


Charlie sleeping on the couch in the family room. 

We've been able to catch up with Dream over the past couple days as he 'zero'ed in Erwin, Tennessee. He was able to upload and mail several videos that I'll be posting over the next couple days to catch everyone up. He's doing great, is putting in BIG miles and is missing us both. He did create the best video for me... It's just scenery, but the song and the trail speak to my heart, when he is unable to verbalize how much he misses us. Thank you sweetheart. We miss you too.


4 comments:

  1. Our thoughts are with you, and we have absolutely no doubts that you'll leap every hurdle face any challenge and ford ever stream until you're able to settle in again merely climbing mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a matter of time...and oh, the precious moments that will be shared when you're reunited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. REHAB and ReTurn!! sounds like you have a plan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess as I type you're probably out of surgery today. I hope all went well, and you'll be up to posting soon so we all know. First step to getting back out there! :)

    When I saw the video he made for you when he got back out there, it made my heart smile. So nice to see a couple who love each other as truly as is apparent you do.

    ReplyDelete