Thursday, December 6, 2012

Terri, the love of my life!


Dreamer here-

Early this morning I was hiking with Charlie.  The temperature was a crisp 29 degrees.  Sunshine streamed through the trees in long brilliant stairways.  It was so still, Charlie’s breath hung like small patches of fog trailing him as puffs in his wake.  As my feet wandered over a very familiar trail, my mind wandered over the very familiar terrain of gratefulness and thankfulness.

Personally, I have a treasure trove of items I frequent and find myself unconsciously thanking God for; however, today, it was one overwhelming biggie!!  My wife.  Terri is the other half of my universe.  After 32 years and 92 days, our lives are intertwined with the fine but indestructible fiber that only a loving God could provide.  We are so perfectly knit together, I honestly cannot tell where I leave off and Terri begins.  We are one in the most perfect kind of way.

As Charlie and I moved through the forest and my mind immersed itself in this infinite trail of great blessing, I found myself consumed with one thing…  Thru hiking the Appalachian Trail (AT) has been my dream.  Backpacking is my delight!  Hiking up and over the next hill to see what is there thrills me.  I enjoy camping because it is the vehicle for what I really love which is the hiking.  Terri on the other hand hikes because it is her vehicle for the camping.  I said all that to say, “Terri has never dreamed of thru hiking the AT.  Nor would she ever consider it, if it were not for me.”  Her willingness to commit to this six-month journey is her gift to me.

Terri & I know that this is more than a gift.  It is a treasure of great depth and value to me and I will be forever be grateful to her for giving me the opportunity to reach for something out of my grasp, but with her help and lots of effort, within our reach.  I have been blessed by God, for allowing me to share my life with the best life partner I could ever imagine. 

Grateful & Thankful

~Dreamer

1 comment: