Wednesday, December 5, 2012

TNT's latest video and clothing list.


Dreamer here-

Check out the latest video of the clothing I will be carrying on the trail at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lheoS8OZHWE&list=UL         

This is a list of the clothing I will be carrying in my pack.  Most of this I would refer to as my safe clothing.  In other words, clothing I will only wear at night so that I can rest assured that I can be warm and dry when my hiking day is complete.

If you looked at my clothing list that I will actually be wearing, (Earlier post from: 11/26/12) and compare it to the list below, there is only one thing I will be carrying two of: socks to hike in.  Obviously, because I am only carrying one of everything, I will have to try to wash my clothes as often as I am able, either near a water source or during visits to towns, hostels, motels, etc.

ITEM
WEIGHT (ounces)
Camp shoes (Crocs)
14.8
Icebreaker socks
 (Extra pair of hiking socks)
2.8
Smart Wool Socks
(Sleeping socks)
3.3
Nylon Shorts (Running type)
5.1
Balaclava Smart wool cap
1.6
Base layer Smart Wool pants
(100% Merino Wool)
7.7
Gore Tex Pants
8.7
Hooded Sweater (260 weight) Icebreaker Eclipse Merino wool
14.6
Down Jacket (Patagonia
14.3
Over mittens “3-Layer”
Mountain Laurel Designs
1.6
Fleece cap (Patagonia)
2.2
TOTAL
4.8 Pounds

This list (above) does not include: three other types of jackets that I will wear or carry depending on whether it is raining and how cold it may be while hiking.

3-Layer waterproof jacket
Quasar by Mountain Hardware
9.0 oz.
Synthetic Vest by Arc Teryx
9.8 oz.
Windbreaker
Houdini by Patagonia
(One of my top 5 favorite pieces of gear)
4.4 oz.

For those of you asking, I hope this helps!  Please let me know if you have any questions, thoughts or good advise!!

~Dreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment