Wednesday, June 20, 2012

All packed and ready to go!!

Yes, yes, I know...  Charlie & I are not actually leaving until Friday afternoon.  So whats the big deal?  So I am packed and ready to walk out the door a few days early.  I am so excited, I could squirt!!  Life is too short and death too certain not to be crazy in love with something.  (Notice, I did not say, someone.)  I have spent so much of my life looking for a hobby that really thrills me and low and behold, it was right under my feet all the time!!
This is it!  The sum total.
As you may have noticed, we have inserted a link (just to the right of this post) to our gear list.  Not too bad actually, as you will see, I am hovering at about 30 pounds (total) in my pack.  Charlie will be at about 3 pounds.  Note: this is only food for three days.  We have sent mail drops to Mesick and Fife Lake.  You can easily see our proposed schedule in an earlier post.

Here we go!  Stay tuned!!

~Dreamer

3 comments:

  1. Have a absolute wonderful time, love you!!!! Bill and Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks guys! Love you both too!! This should be another grand adventure!! It will sure give Charlie a good test to see if he is up for longer journeys. I am quite sure he can do the hike, he just never seems to rest. Stay tuned, we'll see...

      Delete
  2. Hey Tomers!! Can't imagine the emotional high you'll be riding next March if you are this excited about leaving for a short hike on Friday. Enjoy the solitude and stay safe. Love you, Sue

    ReplyDelete