Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Charlie & Dreamer- On the NCT!

Greetings from Dreamer!

Sorry for the long and unanticipated absence!  Since my hike of the North Country Trail began on June 23rd, I have simply not had Internet service on my phone. (It seems AT&T extended does not provide the Internet.). However, I have been able to text and talk. Go figure...

Charlie ready to begin hiking at Udel Trailhead.
 Today is Wednesday, June 27th. (A Happy Birthday shout out to my daughter Hannah!!)  Charlie and I have hiked over 60 miles so far, with another 50 to go. We are camped about 8 miles South of Fife Lake in a beautiful spot called "Two Bridges Over Two Creeks Junction".  

Campsite at Sawdust Hole with Ed Morse.
 In general I can say all is well with Charlie and I. Specifically, I can say I have never felt better on the trail!  God is good and has provided many blessings. Too many to expound on here with my cell phone. However, I will catch you up in time with my experiences, lessons learned, and describe the wonderful  people I have met along the way.  So far I have taken over 7 hours of video!!  I am not sure how many pictures, but a lot!  FYI, I am unable to load pictures and video to this Blog from my cell phone. 

This perfect hammock set-up belongs to Ed Morse.
 In a short:  raccoons ate two days of my food one night, lost the audio to a few video clips because I didn't turn the external microphone "on", almost lost my hiking poles over a huge-steep cliff, God miraculously provided a hot dog,  made a man materialized in a pick-up when I needed assistance as well as a Dairy Queen with Post Office across the street, first day out I twisted my knee while swimming in the Manistee River with Charlie and has given me strength and healing.  Tomorrow we will reapply and overnight in Fife Lake. Charlie needs a bed fix!  ;-)   Hopefully, this 3G signal from AT&T will continue. If it does, I will begin posting every day. 

 Charlie & Dreamer

1 comment:

  1. Oh Tom, sorry about all the difficulties, though I have to admit I had to chuckle at the comedic-like picture in my mind as you described them all. Damn raccoons...they are a wiley bunch. Sounds like you have life in perspective as usual and counting the blessings you find in the everyday. Stay safe. Love, Sue

    ReplyDelete